Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Here's Where the Real Story Begins

Chapter Six






Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow.
Each word went in rhythm with the throbbing of my pulse.
Confused, I tried to remember when I had gone to bed. All I could remember was that I hated Griffin and Kelly was being an… idiot.
An annoying sound began to screech in my ear drums. My alarm didn’t sound like that. Listening, I realized it was a beeping noise.
Beep, beep, beep, beep.
What the heck? I peeked my eyes open. Where was I?
It was bright and white. Like as if a light were placed right in from of my face, blaring at me. I saw I was in a room. Lifting my head slightly, I saw it was a… hospital room.
Blinking rapidly, my sight was caught at the IV in my wrist. Yuck, I hate sharp objects, especially ones jabbed into my arm. Man, that must have been some black out. Yawning, my breath was caught in my throat and I began to cough violently. After hacking loudly, I saw doctors begin filing into the room. Whoa, how many were there?
“She’s conscious,” One stated. La duh, I thought foggily. Staring at him I ask, “Hey, Doc. What’s wrong with me?”
“Lie down,” he shoved my shoulder down. Talk about rude.
Before I could retort, I heard a familiar voice. Mom?
“Where is she?” her voice traveled down the hall, “thank you.” When she entered, I saw she looked about 10x more tired. Poor gal.
“Mom” came the groggy cry.
“Roxy? Oh thank goodness you’re okay!” She gushed, “Why didn’t you say you were seriously sick?”
“Um,” I thought about it for a second, but a doctor interrupted, “Hey. Hey, hey, hey! Watch that pulse! Oh no! Ma’am, move!”
The man pulled away my mom as I began to feel sleepy again. Then pain began. I gasped as my eyes began to burn. The lights seared my eyes. I closed them tightly. My throat burned and my stomach lurched. I heard someone faintly call, “Oh, gosh, no. No, not the seizures faze! No, no, no!”
Shouting and commands were bouncing all around me, and an annoying noise began again.
Beeping, it was faster though.
Beep-beep-beep-beep-beep-beep-beep.
Then, abruptly slower. Beep… beeep… beeeep…
Then…
Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.
My lungs stopped.

3 comments: