Tuesday, April 13, 2010

AAAAH! SO EXCITED!

Before I start the chapter, I just want to say "OMYGOSH! I'M SO EXCITED!" I'm finally getting to the main part of my book! YAAAY! Okay here you go:

Chapter Nine







I’m not gonna lie. I wasn’t expecting that, ‘cause seriously, I was still here. Was this lady hit in the head? Then, with my mighty wit, I stammered, “W-what?”
“You see,” Caitlyn began, “This disease is what most call ‘Vampirism.’ Those stories on vampires, the legends… well, vampires exist. It was started when the handsome Sterling Thorton was in love. He was so in love that when he thought of death, he couldn’t bare to part with his Irene. It drove him to insanity, until he created a way for them to be together forever. Vampirism.”
She stared at me expectantly. Oh, was it Q and A time?
“So say I’m buying this,” I sigh, “Where did I get this supposed disease?”
Miss. Stevens glared over at Blake. Oh yeah, Blake.
“Well,” She growled at him, “that’s where Blake steps in. He got you sick. He’s also a Vampire.”
Sheepishly, Blake scratched his head. He was in on this? What? No way…
Head starting to ache, my fingers began to massage my temples. Closing my eyes I said, “So let me get this straight. I got sick, died, turned into a vampire, and my mom can’t know… why?”
“No one can know,” Miss. Stevens shook her head, ponytail bobbing, “It’s all classified. You see, if anyone were to get a hold on this ‘eternal life,’” she bent her fingers with the two words, “It would go through the roof, population always growing, but no one would die, causing havoc. Including, it just wouldn’t be right.”
Reopening my eyes, I stared her right in the eye, “Then where do I go if I’m supposedly dead?” Suddenly I was angry and my stomach was burning.
“That’s where I come in. I have a place for you to live- a place only people like myself know about. Right now someone is gathering your clothes to ‘dispose’ of them, to rid your disease from the area.” She adjusted her sleeve to check the time, “Which reminds me, we need to get you out of here as soon as possible. So get dressed and we’ll head toward your new home. Twenty minutes.” And then Miss. Stevens turned to Blake, “You and I will talk later.” And they both left the room, leaving me with a pit in my stomach that sucked all emotion and thought from me.
A nurse came in with my clothes and I noticed my puke and been cleaned up. Dazed, I dressed once everyone had left the room. A few minutes later, knocking came from the door. Shuffling toward it, I opened to find no other than Miss. Stevens smiling sympathetically at me.
“Ready?” she whispered.
“No,” I answered hoarsely, “Let’s go.”

3 comments:

  1. OH! That's where the prologue comes in! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :D Oh, and thanks for saying you'd like to be in my book on your own blog! ;)

    ReplyDelete