Wednesday, June 23, 2010

More? I Wrote MORE?!

Thick, awkward silence soaked the dirty air. I scoot my chair out, preparing to leave, but before I could raise Ms. Thorton stopped me, “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to sound like such a prat, but it’s just that… my husband. He left a huge impact on my… my life.”
I studied her alien-beautiful face, and saw the melancholy in her eyes. “Of course,” I whispered, “I’ll see you around okay?”
“Yes, please do visit again.” She replied wistfully. I stood, turned and exited the room.
Once in the hall, I thought of the short meeting between the owner and myself. I guess I didn’t think about how there would still be, well, old vampires here, much less the founder of this place. But, then again, the found had died. But… how?
I mean, Ms. Thorton was still alive, and aren’t vampires supposed to live forever? I mean, aren’t the indestructible, or something?
My feet had led me to our hallway, where I ran into someone. I was pushed back by the impact and automatically put a hand where my head connected with hers. No pain.
“Oops!” Clara apologized, “Sorry. And I’m also sorry about lunch, I didn’t know you and Kelsey were… well, don’t get along.”
I let out a classy snort, “Oh yeah, you could say that,” I side-stepped past her, slinking toward ‘my’ room. Sticking my head through the door way, I scoped out the room, assuring Kelsey wasn’t there… with a knife or something. Although, who knows if that would even do anything to me anymore?
“She’s not there.” Clara called, “Classes are starting.”
I exit the room again and turn my attention to her, “Classes?”
Clara nodded, “Yup, there’s classes in the afternoon about vampire, like, history and stuff. It’s optional, of course, no one demands you to go, but with all the time everyone has, it’s worth a look.”
I blinked at her for a second. So, there were classes on, like, ‘How to Be a Vampire?’ Laughter bubbled in my stomach, and I had to press my lips together to keep from exploding my hilarity to the world.
“Oh,” I managed, my voice faltered from suppressing my giggles, “Sounds cool.”
Obviously, my amusement wasn’t as well-hidden as I thought, because Clara rolled her eyes, “I know, it sounds silly, but it’s actually pretty cool. You learn a whole bunch of things you can now do as a vampire and interesting crap like that.”
I smiled, still not over the fact of how weird it all sounded, and agreed, “Okay, I’m in. Sounds entertaining.”

3 comments:

  1. For Mrs. Thorton, I like wistful people, they make me laugh!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha!
    "Sticking my head through the door way, I scoped out the room, assuring Kelsey wasn’t there… with a knife or something."
    So funny!! >w<

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wistful...
    When I imagine "wistful" people, I imagine a lot of sighing!! Lol!
    You are HILARIOUS MK! PA-LEASE write more! I shall faint if you shan't!
    *sigh* :)

    ReplyDelete