Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Next Chapter....

Chapter Three





The next week was full of Mystery Guy. I found out his name was Blake and also that he was very smart and witty. He didn’t tell much about his background, but I couldn’t care less, it meant I didn’t have to mention mine.
The same week, though, I felt even sicker, not just stomach or head, but coughing and sneezing. What a cruel world. But I toughed it out, knowing seeing Blake was worth the pain. We met at the coffee house at the same time each day, just talking about everything under the sun (excluding our own past lives). It was great, up until that Saturday.
Saturday was the day that Kelly came and spoke to me. It was a complete surprise and I didn’t know if it were a good or bad one.
Further down from where Griffin had cornered me I saw her walking my way. When she spotted me, Kelly paused a few feet from me, just staring. I did the same. After a few more moments of awkward staring, I sniffled and mumbled, “What’s up?”
Looking at me with sad blue eyes, she said, “I came to… tell you something.”
More odd seconds passed. Nodding my head, I snapped, “What is it?”
Slowly, as if changing her mind of telling me, Kelly said, “Griffin wants to speak to you on Monday.”
Rolling my eyes, I asked, “Oh, so he sent a secretary to tell me? Wow, Mr. High-and-mighty-”
Angrily and abruptly, she barked, “Don’t talk about him like that!”
“Excuse me?” I was startled.
“Just because he’s passionate doesn’t mean he’s creepy! Also, he sent me ‘cause he didn’t want to you freak out and think he’s, like, stalking you!”
“Passionate?” What was Griffin playing at? “Kelly what do you know about Griffin’s, er… passion? What aren’t you telling me?”
“Just meet him outside your work Monday.” With that, Kelly walked away, shaking her head.
Griffin is a dead man, I thought, What is he doing to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment